Are you in Cypress, TX, and wondering where to go in case you need emergency eye care? Today's Vision Barker Cypress should be your optometry center of choice. Our compassionate staff uses the latest technology to ensure any eye issues you may be experiencing can be identified and promptly addressed. While annual eye exams are sufficient most of the time, situations may arise when you need emergency optometry care. Following are several examples of times emergency eye care would be required.
- A traumatic eye accident like a cut, puncture, or burn resulting in redness, swelling, pain, double vision, or sensitivity to light warrants emergency eye care. If not treated promptly and well, these injuries can lead to a permanent loss of vision.
- Noticeable changes in your vision like flashing spots and lights, or a shower of floating spots in the eye. These may be a sign of stroke, retinal detachment, nerve damage, or blurred vision.
- Red eyes accompanied by discharge may indicate pink eye, a highly contagious viral or bacterial infection. Pink eye or conjunctivitis may be confused with ocular herpes or uveitis which are both serious and can cost you your vision permanently.
- Bulging eyes or very swollen eyelids may be due to an injury to the eye socket, tumors, bacterial eye infections, a thyroid problem, or inflammation, all of which need to be evaluated by a professional eye doctor to rule out or treat any sight-threatening issues.
- A difference in the size of your pupils may develop due to trauma or an underlying eye condition like a stroke or a tumor.
- Other symptoms like blood in the white of the eye, severe itching, stinging in the eyes, one eye not moving like the other, double vision, bleeding around the eye, and severe headaches may indicate a condition that needs to be addressed by an optometrist.
Optometrist in Cypress, TX
If you need emergency eye care in Cypress, TX, the optometry professionals at Today’s Vision Barker Cypress are ready to assist you. For more information or to schedule an appointment with our optometrist, call us at (281) 758-3083.